Place/receive telephone calls (including conference calls and video conferencing).
DefinitionPlacement and receipt should demonstrate
- the qualities of a good telephone voice
- use of proper telephone etiquette (e.g., identifying the company, greeting callers professionally, asking the caller’s need, and recognizing regular clients)
- knowledge of procedures for operating the phone system and setting up conference calls
- attention to taking accurate and complete messages from callers and obtaining phone number
- knowledge of the differing types of incoming and outgoing calls and the procedure for call prioritization
- development of a telephone directory (e.g. electronic, personal, company).
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate effective communication skills (writing, speaking, listening and nonverbal communication) in the legal services environment.