Gather client information.
DefinitionGathering of information should include
- addressing client professionally
- obtaining client’s identifying information (e.g., full name, address, contact numbers)
- obtaining second contact information (e.g., friend, relative not living in the household)
- obtaining social history, criminal record, involvement in prior lawsuits
- obtaining information required to complete forms for non-litigation matters
- adhering to legal guidelines and client confidentiality
- completing forms required for client file.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate effective communication skills (writing, speaking, listening and nonverbal communication) in the legal services environment.
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
The topic for this event changes from year to year. The annual topic may or may not correlate with this particular course. Please refer to the current Virginia FBLA State Handbook.