CTE Resource Center - Verso - Legal Systems Administration Task 260455130
Identify the key responsibilities of having and the process for obtaining a notary public commission in Virginia.
Identification should include the requirements to
Explanation of key responsibilities of a notary in a legal office setting should include
- be at least 18 years of age
- be able to read and write English
- be a legal resident of the United States
- live or work in Virginia
- have no felony conviction unless pardoned or have had rights restored
- pay a state filing fee in Virginia
- renew commission every four years in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- notarizing internal and external documents that require certification
- being familiar with procedures and laws involving notarized documents
- identifying the differences between an electronic and a paper notary
- defining e-notarization and the requirements for this method of notarization.
Other Related Standards
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas