Transmit and receive information using electronic communications (e.g., e-mail, fax).
DefinitionTransmittal and receipt should follow procedures for
- sending and receiving e-mail, including using proper online etiquette and adding attachments as required
- preparing fax cover sheets
- using a fax machine and other electronic devices to transmit and receive communication
- identifying specific legal documents that must be transmitted as original documents and those that may be transmitted as copies
- ensuring documents are transmitted to and received by the intended recipient to prevent unintentional breaches of confidentiality (i.e., using “reply” rather than “reply all” when responding).
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate effective communication skills (writing, speaking, listening and nonverbal communication) in the legal services environment.