Coordinate, schedule, and supervise the activities of janitors and cleaners. Assign tasks and inspect building areas to see that work has been done properly. Issue supplies and equipment and inventory stocks to ensure that supplies on hand are adequate. May screen and hire job applicants; train new and experienced employees; and recommend promotions, transfers, or dismissals. Supervisors may prepare reports concerning the occupancy of rooms, hours worked, and department expenses. Some also perform cleaning duties.
- On-the-job training
- Building Management I (8590/36 weeks, 140 hours)
- Building Management II (8591/36 weeks, 280 hours)
- Building Management III (8592/36 weeks, 280 hours)
- Cybersecurity in Family and Consumer Sciences (8291/36 weeks)
- Cybersecurity in Marketing (8126/36 weeks)
- Introduction to Leadership (9091/18 weeks)
- Leadership Development (9096/18 weeks)
- Leadership Development (9097/36 weeks)
The following courses provide skills necessary for the occupation of Maintenance Supervisor. See your school counselor for scheduling options.