Commercial Photography II (8608/36 weeks, 280 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 280 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
|Prerequisites:||Commercial Photography I (8607/36 weeks, 140 hours)|
The ability to apply principles of visual literacy to produce visual content gives students an advantage in today’s global, multimedia society. In this final year of Commercial Photography, students are taught industry-relevant technical skills and have the opportunity to work with a variety of technology, including digital cameras, lighting, design software, and editing tools to stage, shoot, process, print, and present professional-grade images while developing a portfolio for a related career. In addition, students (optionally) explore the fundamentals of film and darkroom development.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Visual Arts
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Photography Examination
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.