Building Management III (8592/36 weeks, 280 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 280 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||12|
|Prerequisites:||Building Management II (8591/36 weeks, 280 hours)|
Building Management III is offered as a capstone course for high school. Students apply the knowledge and skills to perform advanced maintenance and upkeep of commercial and public buildings and grounds through specific hands-on training in cleaning operations, building repairs, electrical, plumbing, and grounds maintenance.
Note: Building Management III may be offered as a complement to an existing concentration sequence in any Career Cluster. In some instances, where noted, it may be combined with specific courses to create concentration sequences.
As noted in Superintendent’s Memo #058-17 (2-28-2017), this Career and Technical Education (CTE) course must maintain a maximum pupil-to-teacher ratio of 20 students to one teacher, due to safety regulations. The 2016-2018 biennial budget waiver of the teacher-to-pupil ratio staffing requirement does not apply.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Architecture and Construction
- Maintenance and Operations
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Building Trades Maintenance Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- ICC Certificates of Achievement Examinations
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) Assessments
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.