Advertising Design II (8571/36 weeks, 280 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 280 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
|Prerequisites:||Advertising Design I (8570/36 weeks, 140 hours)|
Students build on the theoretical principles and practical skills gained in Advertising Design I and explore advanced applications. Elements covered are design and illustration techniques, typography, photography, Web graphics and computer animation, advertising techniques, and preparation of print-ready materials. In addition, students assemble a portfolio and explore careers in advertising design.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Journalism and Broadcasting
- Visual Arts
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Examinations
- Advertising and Design Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Desktop Publishing Certification Tests
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.