Advertising Design I (8570/36 weeks, 140 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 140 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–11|
Students explore the skills and principles involved in the development and function of advertising and the production process. In their course of study, students apply aesthetic theories and technical skills to graphic design objectives. Elements covered include principles of design and illustration, typography, photography, computer graphics, and pre-press theory.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Journalism and Broadcasting
- Visual Arts
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Examinations
- Advertising and Design Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Desktop Publishing Certification Tests
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.