Plumbing II (8552/36 weeks, 280 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 280 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
|Prerequisites:||Plumbing I (8551/36 weeks, 140 hours)|
Students learn to safely assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specification and plumbing codes.
As noted in Superintendent’s Memo #058-17 (2-28-2017), this Career and Technical Education (CTE) course must maintain a maximum pupil-to-teacher ratio of 20 students to one teacher, due to safety regulations. The 2016-2018 biennial budget waiver of the teacher-to-pupil ratio staffing requirement does not apply.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Architecture and Construction
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introductory Craft Skills Entry-Level Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- ICC Certificates of Completion Examinations
- International Code Council Residential Plumbing Inspector (P1) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Plumbing Assessment
- Plumbing Examination
- Plumbing Level One Entry-Level Assessment
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Educational Foundation Examinations
- Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) Core Examinations
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.