Electricity I (8533/36 weeks, 140 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 140 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–11|
Students develop skills in the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of residential, commercial, and industrial electrical systems. They also study electrical theory, navigate the National Electrical Code Book, select and install conductors, and work with panelboards, switchboards, and generators.
As noted in Superintendent’s Memo #058-17 (2-28-2017), this Career and Technical Education (CTE) course must maintain a maximum pupil-to-teacher ratio of 20 students to one teacher, due to safety regulations. The 2016-2018 biennial budget waiver of the teacher-to-pupil ratio staffing requirement does not apply.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Architecture and Construction
- Certified Satellite Installer (CSI) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introductory Craft Skills Entry-Level Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Data Cabling Installer (DCI) Examination
- Electric Power and Distribution Assessment
- Electrical Construction Technology Assessment
- Electrical Construction Wiring (Residential Wiring) Examination
- Electrical Occupations Assessment
- Electrician Level One Entry-Level Assessment
- Fiber Optics Installer (FOI) Examination
- HBI/NAHB Residential Construction Academy (RCA) Series Student Certification Assessments
- ICC Certificates of Achievement Examinations
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Network Cabling Specialist Certification Examination
- Photovoltaic Installer - Level 1 (PVI1) Examination
- Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) Assessments
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.