Drafting III (8532/36 weeks, 280 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 280 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
|Prerequisites:||Drafting II (8531/36 weeks, 280 hours)|
Building on competencies taught in Drafting I and II, students are taught the theory and the manipulative skills necessary to produce and complete accurate drawings based on the ideas and sketches of engineers, architects, and designers. Students focus on performing architectural drafting and design operations, using manual drafting techniques and Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD), and exploring careers in drafting, including industry certification options.
Note: Drafting III may be offered as a complement to an existing concentration sequence in any Career Cluster. In some instances, where noted, it may be combined with specific courses to create concentration sequences.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Architecture and Construction
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- Architectural Apprentice Drafter Examination
- Architectural Certified Drafter Examination
- Architectural Drafting Assessment
- AutoCAD Certification Tests
- Autodesk Certified Professional Examinations
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- CAD Assessment
- CAD-CAM Assessment
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Mechanical Apprentice Drafter Examination
- Mechanical Certified Drafter Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Technical Drafting Assessment
- Technical Drafting Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.