Motorsports Technology III (8511/36 weeks, 280 hours)
|Duration:||36 weeks, 280 hours|
|Suggested Grade Levels:||12|
|Prerequisites:||Motorsports Technology II (8510/36 weeks, 280 hours)|
In Motorsports Technology III, students develop advanced skills as they prepare for careers in motorsports technology and the racing industry. Students gain practical experience in vehicle setup, vehicle assembly, and autobody procedures. Emphasis is placed on assembly of high-performance engines and components. In addition, students explore motorsports safety principles and the business aspects of the motorsports industry.
Note: Motorsports Technology III may be offered as a complement to an existing concentration sequence in any Career Cluster. In some instances, where noted, it may be combined with specific courses to create concentration sequences.
As noted in Superintendent’s Memo #058-17 (2-28-2017), this Career and Technical Education (CTE) course must maintain a maximum pupil-to-teacher ratio of 20 students to one teacher, due to safety regulations. The 2016-2018 biennial budget waiver of the teacher-to-pupil ratio staffing requirement does not apply.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
- Facility and Mobile Equipment Maintenance
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introductory Craft Skills Entry-Level Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- SENSE Training Program Certification Examination (Level 1, Entry-Level Welder)
- Welding Assessment
- Welding Examination
- Welding Level One Entry-Level Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.