Biotechnology Foundations in Technology Education (8468/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–12|
This course focuses on various techniques that are used to modify living organisms, or parts of organisms, to improve plants and animals, and the development of microorganisms for specific purposes. Student activities range from bioprocessing and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) analysis, to medicine, and the environment. Students gain insight and understanding about biotechnology career fields.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Animal Systems
- Environmental Service Systems
- Food Products and Processing Systems
- Plant Systems
- Power, Structural, and Technical Systems
- Health Science
- Biotechnology Research and Development
- Diagnostics Services
- Health Informatics
- Support Services
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- Science and Mathematics
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.