Engineering Practicum IV (8453/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
|Prerequisites:||Engineering Analysis and Applications II (8451/36 weeks) or Engineering Studies (8491/36 weeks) or Principles of Engineering (PLTW) (8441/36 weeks)|
This course will enable students to examine technology and engineering fundamentals related to solving real-world problems. Students examine ethics and intellectual property and design a practicum project, a culmination of knowledge and skill gained in the previous engineering courses. In addition, students continue to investigate a variety of engineering specialty fields and related careers to determine whether they are good candidates for postsecondary educational opportunities in engineering.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Design and Pre-Construction Assessment
- Engineering Technology Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Engineering Certification Examinations
- Pre-Engineering/Engineering Technology Assessment
- Stratasys Additive Manufacturing Certification – Level 1 Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.