Engineering Design and Development (PLTW) (8443/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||12|
|Prerequisites:||Introduction to Engineering Design (PLTW) (8439/36 weeks)|
In this capstone course in Project Lead the Way (PLTW), teams of students, guided by community mentors, work together to research, design, and construct solutions to engineering problems. Students synthesize knowledge, skills, and abilities through an authentic engineering experience. Students are expected to develop and formally present an independent-study project and a team-oriented project that are critiqued by an evaluation committee.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Design and Pre-Construction Assessment
- Engineering Technology Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Engineering/Engineering Technology Assessment
- Project Lead the Way End-of-Course Assessments
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.