Engineering Drawing and Design (8436/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–12|
|Prerequisites:||Introduction to Engineering Design (PLTW) (8439/36 weeks) or Technical Drawing and Design (8434/18 weeks) or Technical Drawing and Design (8435/36 weeks)|
Students use a graphic language for product design, technical illustration, evaluation of designs, and engineering drawings. They increase their understanding of drawing techniques learned in the prerequisite course. Students use computers, calculators, and descriptive geometry and adhere to established standards to solve design problems. They work in teams to design solutions for an identified need.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- AutoCAD Certification Tests
- Autodesk Certified Professional Examinations
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Mechanical Drafting and Design Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Technical Drafting Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.