Nutrition and Wellness (8229/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||9–12|
Students enrolled in Nutrition and Wellness focus on understanding wellness, investigating principles of nutrition, using science and technology in food management, ensuring food safety, planning menus and preparing food, and exploring careers in the field of nutrition and wellness. Critical thinking and practical problem solving are emphasized.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Human Services
- Counseling and Mental Health Services
- Family and Community Services
- Personal Care Services
- Broad Field Family and Consumer Sciences Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Food Science Fundamentals Assessment
- Leadership Essentials Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Nutrition, Food, and Wellness Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.