Marketing, Advanced (8130/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
Students build on knowledge gained in a prior Marketing course. Students participate in supervisory and management activities focusing on the marketing mix, purchasing, financing, human resources, global marketing, pricing, and emerging technologies. Students will prepare for advancement in marketing careers and postsecondary education. Computer/technology applications and DECA activities enhance the course. DECA, the co-curricular student organization, offers opportunities in leadership, community, and competitive events.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Professional Sales
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Sales and Service
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Assessment
- Business of Retail: Operations & Profit Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Retail Industry Fundamentals Certification Assessment
- Retail Merchandising Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.