Horticulture Sciences (8034/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–12|
As noted in Superintendent’s Memo #058-17 (2-28-2017), this Career and Technical Education (CTE) course must maintain a maximum pupil-to-teacher ratio of 20 students to one teacher, due to safety regulations. The 2016-2018 biennial budget waiver of the teacher-to-pupil ratio staffing requirement does not apply.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Agribusiness Systems
- Environmental Service Systems
- Food Products and Processing Systems
- Natural Resources Systems
- Plant Systems
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Science and Mathematics
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Floriculture Assessment
- Floriculture: Greenhouse Assessment
- Greenhouse Operators Certification Examination
- Horticulture-Landscaping Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Plant Science Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.