Business Management (6135/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–12|
Students study basic management concepts and leadership styles as they explore business ownership, planning, operations, marketing, finance, economics, communications, the global marketplace, and human relations. Quality concepts, project management, problem solving, and ethical decision making are an integral part of the course. Students may enhance leadership skills by participation in school-based or virtual enterprises, job shadowing, internships, apprenticeships, cooperative education, and/or the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA).
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Business Management and Administration
- Business Information Management
- General Management
- Human Resources Management
- A*S*K Concepts of Entrepreneurship and Management Assessment
- A*S*K Concepts of Finance Assessment
- A*S*K Fundamental Business Concepts Assessment
- Banking and Related Services Assessment
- Business Financial Management Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP): Principles of Management
- Financial and Investment Planning Assessment
- IC3 Digital Literacy Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Virtual Enterprise Certification Assessment
- W!SE Financial Literacy Certification Test
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.