A Resource for Counselors, Administrators, and Educators
The CTE Administrative Planning Guide (APG) includes information to help local school divisions plan and schedule instructional programs. The APG is organized by career clusters, with a complete listing of courses, concentration sequences, and credentials available to students as they plan for career entry and continuing education. Users may access course information by cluster or by searching for specific courses or certifications.
NOTE:Within the APG, CTE courses that must maintain a maximum pupil-to-teacher ratio of 20 students to one teacher, due to safety regulations, will be noted on individual course pages.
Each contains the following information:
- Available middle school courses
- Secondary course offerings
- Course number, course title, duration, and suggested grade levels
- Course description and prerequisites
- Approved concentration sequences that fulfill the completer requirement for sequential electives (equivalent to two 36-week courses)
- Career cluster(s) and pathways for federal and state reporting purposes
- Certification, licensure, and occupational competency assessment requirements
Please use the “Comments and Questions” link on the left to contact us with concerns and suggestions, as well as questions concerning the content of the APG. We look forward to your suggestions for improvement.
George R. Willcox, Acting Director
Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education
Virginia Department of Education